11 Reasons I Love Playing Pokemon Go
Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon and yes, I am one of those sad people that wanders around glued to their phone trying to ‘catch them all’.
Read this tweet –
Am I the only one who has no idea what this whole Pokemon thing going on at the moment is?!
I was a little bit judgey (ok, a l o t) and vowed I would never play it.. Now, a month on, I’m completely addicted and I’m on level 14..
So, here are some of the reasons why I am obsessed.
- I am the biggest collector of things you’ll ever meet, so the fact I can collect cute little Pokemon characters is a m a z i n g.
- It gets you out and about so secretly you’re exercising but it doesn’t really feel like you are, and isn’t that just the best form of exercise?
- You normally go out ‘catching’ with your boyfriend/girlfriend or friends and that = being social (unless you go out playing on your own and then you really a r e addicted my friend..).
- Playing Pokemon makes you feel like you’ve actually d o n e something that particular day, rather than sitting in your room being bored waiting for the next day to arrive.
- Going past Pokestops and collecting Pokeballs feeds your Pokemon addiction and woah, I have 50 POKEBALLS?!
- You can eat chocolate whilst you’re walking and then look, calorie intake + calories you’re burning = no calories consumed #win.
- I actually feel g o o d at something when OMG I’VE CAUGHT A GROWLITHE and OMG LOOK AWW A CUTE JIGGLYPUFF!
- Walking 2km, 5km or 10km and hatching an egg so you get that ‘ohmygoodness what is it going to be?! This is too exciting – like opening a Christmas cracker and wondering what awesome (shit) gift you’ll get this time?!’ feeling.
- I l o o o v e how much the app drains my battery (lol jk, it sucks – I lost 20% battery in how many seconds?!)
- You know you’ve accomplished life when you catch Pikachu, even if it is only CP 14..
- You’re just as cool as all of the 13 year old’s playing it, so just remember that – you’re a kid at heart really.