So I’ll let you in on a secret, this Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake is the best pasta bake you will ever make/eat in your entire life (ok, slight exaggeration because everyone obvs has their own opinion, but I love it and I always feel super proud that I’ve made it).
The recipe is from Chef Savvy and I am sooo glad that I stumbled upon it – it’s a great recipe and the end result is delicious!
(Please excuse my awful photo, this post was a last minute decision and this is a photo I sent to my mum on WhatsApp because I was so proud of myself! So yeah, sorry about that cos it’s really not the best – head on over to Chef Savvy’s site to see mouth watering photo’s that are 1000x better!)
You will need:
Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
- 4 ounces cavatappi pasta, uncooked
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅛ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Typically takes about 8 minutes for al-dente.
- Meanwhile cut up the chicken breast into small pieces and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. This will help our blackening seasoning to adhere to the chicken. Rub the chicken with the blackening seasoning on both sides. In a frying pan over medium-high heat add ½ tablespoon olive oil and cook chicken breast for about 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Toss cooked pasta with alfredo sauce (recipe follows), and the blackened chicken. Add salt, chili powder, and paprika. Place in single serve ramekins or a casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese. Place pasta mixture in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish pasta with parsley. Sprinkle with extra paprika for garnish.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan until melted. Add the flour and whisk together over a medium-high heat. Stir continuously. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Add in the milk and bring to a simmer, stir continuously so the milk does not bubble out over the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add in both cheeses. Stir to melt the cheese.Take off the heat and reserve until you are ready to toss with your cooked pasta.
- (If you don’t have parmesan – like I didn’t – then just add extra cheddar instead!)
Let me know if any of you make this recipe and love it just as much as I do!
What recipe do you enjoy making the most?xoxo