TRAVEL | Holiday Essentials With Matalan
As you may (or may not) know, I’m heading to Bali in May and excited is an understatement. I’ve decided to share my holiday essentials, featuring a couple of new bits from Matalan!
I promise I will stop going on about Bali one day.. But for now, you’ll just have to endure listening to me bang on about it!
I tend to have at least one holiday a year and will spend my last pennies one ensuring I go away at least once (different people have different priorities and I totally understand those who feel completely different to me), so I definitely have a holiday essentials list that I usually always abide by. This ‘list’ also applies to a Staycation* as I love visiting new places within the UK! I will usually tend to pack a little less for a stay-cation though, of course.
I love being organised, but I’m also the most forgetful person ever – I know, those two don’t really go together do they? – so a list is a must have for me at all times.I won’t be listing obvious items, such as my phone, underwear, chargers, toothbrush/toothpaste, etc. as the lists will be mega long otherwise!
My tech essentials include;
- iPad – I like to play games and download films on my iPad, to keep me entertained on the flight
- Kindle – an essential for in-flight reading and saves having to turn the page (lazy girl problems..)
- Camera – to take picture of course!!
My clothing essentials include;
- Bikini’s – because obvs you need more than one, right?!
- Cover up’s – my two new faves are this one* and this one* from Matalan
- Floaty skirts and dresses – this* is a new fave from Matalan too!
- Sandals – I love these cute ones from ASOS, which I have actually just bought
- A small bag – my current fave is my basket bag from Topshop
- Sunglasses – I have Prada ones and they’re my all time faves. I honestly swear by designer sunglasses because the lenses actually protect my eyes from the harsh sunlight, I’ve never found a non-designer pair of sunglasses that protect my eyes as well from the sun!
My toiletry essentials include;
- Suncream – that’s a given, right?!
- Mosquito spray/medication – I honestly get bitten a ridiculous amount by the bastards!
- Aftersun – I usually burn somewhere at least once..
- Coconut/Argan Oil Spray – my hair tends to get quite dry on holiday due to the sea salt water, so these are a must have for me!
Other essentials include;
- Books – I know I have my Kindle, but there is nothing better than a good old fashioned paperback!
Aside from the obvious, there are all my holiday essentials. Matalan’s Holiday Shop* currently has some fab pieces in at the moment and I’m loving how affordable everything is too – definitely check Matalan out if you’re looking for affordable and super cute holiday items.
I’m definitely an over-packer when it comes to packing for a holiday, but I do like to be prepared for every eventuality and I also like to feel like I have choice and like I’m not restricted – I can’t be the only one right?!
*Contains PR Gift
*Contains Affiliate Links