A Little Look Back on April
April showers really are a thing, aren’t they…
Apart from the absolutely glorious Easter weekend that we had (it was amazing, wasn’t it?!), it’s been fairly chilly and rain-y throughout April. Seeing as how I work outdoor’s, I can’t say that this has been much fun really!
April wasn’t too busy for me, although I did have a hen do in London which was soo much fun! I helped to plan it along with two of the bride’s friend’s (who are now my friend’s too, yay!) and we couldn’t believe how quickly it came around. It all came together lovely as well and we hope everyone had the best time.
So, let’s get on with my April faves…
Sharing The Love
Blog: My favourite blog post’s in April were;
(I am ridiculously behind on blog reading, so all of these blog post’s will be from March..)
- Jodie, How I Run My Blog While Working Full Time – I found this post by Jodie such an interesting read. I did struggle keeping up with my blog whilst I had a full time job and, to be honest, I’m still struggling a bit now even though I now work part time! I honestly do not know how I do it.. Anyway, Jodie shares some great advice and all of the things that work for her, personally, so I’m definitely going to give some of them a go and see if they help me! Starting off by staying in my own lane and then using my time wisely.
- Corrie (dizzybrunette3), So, I Had A Psychic Reading Over the Phone & Here’s What Happened… – A very long title, but I love it! I have always been super intrigued by psychic reading’s and reading Corrie’s post about her own personal experience with one, has made me want one even more! I found reading Corrie’s post so so interesting and think I might have to have my own psychic reading done one day..
Instagram: My favourite photo’s include the following;
- Kelsey, abalancingpeach – Kelsey is doing a colour challenge at the moment and I’m loving it! I think she’s currently on green and it’s just made her feed look so SO cool. She’s so creative with her photography and is always inspiring me.
- Aspyn Ovard – my biggest inspiration right now! I can’t get enough of the pastel feel of Aspyn’s gorgeous account. She’s inspiring me to be the main focus in pretty much every photo and to be more confident and experimental with ‘poses’.
- Hannah Gale – I’m loving the travel content right now! What a dream to be taken on a gifted holiday to Turks & Caicos. I always love Hannah’s bright, fun and colourful photos.
- Holly, the_fashion.blogger – I can actually see myself wearing nearly every single outfit that Holly posts. That’s when you know a fashion blogger is relatable! I love how creative Holly’s poses are too, she’s such a natural in front of the camera and she’s super duper pretty too.
Twitter: This tweet by Gemma I will retweet all day every day. It’s actually ridiculous how people think it’s their god given right to voice their opinion on e v e r y t h i n g. Like, just because you put yourself out there on social media, does not mean that you’re entitled to get shitty and unnecessary comments – imo. I don’t know where this idea has come from that it’s okay to treat a human being like a piece of shit on your shoe.. Anyway, that’s a post for another day! But I appreciated that tweet from Gemma, she’s always putting across her opinion in the best way possible.
My Most Loved
Blog: I’ve never really been a fan of ‘monthly’ posts. I love creating mine, but don’t usually enjoy reading other people’s.. Is that really bad?! Anyway, March’s monthly post gained the most views over the past month and you guys are just the best. These post’s always take the longest to write and put together, so it’s really appreciate that they actually get read!
Instagram: I tried something a little different when I went for a picnic over the Easter weekend. I got Kieran to take a cute little ‘lying down’ shot. I did not expect it to get the most likes, that’s for sure – but how cool, right?! It’s definitely motivated me to keep trying things a little more out of my comfort zone, that are, however, more me. I don’t know why I’ve always toned myself down on social media, you’ve gotta be who you are right?!
Twitter: I’ve been quite slack on social media in general the past few weeks, but more so in Twitter. However, I did post a tweet the other day that got a couple of likes – everyone loves an ‘Instagram Boyfriend‘ tweet!
Fave Beauty and/or Skincare Product: NYK1 Lash & Brow Serum*. I started using this agin and ohmigodyouguys (sorry, I just had to spell it like the Legally Blonde Musical song..) my lashes have been transformed. I feel like I need to share an updated post and show the before and after – it’s crazy.. I’ve only been using it every night for the past couple of weeks, but I’m adamant that this is the product that has given my lashes volume AND length.
Fave Song: No One by Jess Glynne. I love singing along to this in the car!
Fave Food: I’ve been having a moment with chocolate crepes. You know the individual ones that they sell in packs? THOSE. Give. Me. All. Of. Them. Obsessed!
Fave Restaurant: It’s gonna have to be The Cuban! I got invited down the other evening (last Friday) and they’re food is just SO good. You can see my Instagram review here! They do the best Patatas Bravas everrrr.
Fave Purchase: Apart from food that I now buy weekly.. Probably our new ‘marble’ coffee table that we have put in the lounge! Bought from Wayfair, of course, my new fave place. We got it on sale for £90 too, winner!
Fave TV Show: Tenable. You guys, I’ve actually been obsessed with this since March, but I come home every afternoon from work and pop an episode on. I just love it!
Fave Film: Avengers: End Game. No questions asked. If you haven’t seen it and you’re a fan – it’s a must see!
Fave Event/Moment: My boyfriend’s sister’s hen do! I helped plan it, along with two of her friend’s, and it was so much fun! We headed to Thorpe Park on the first day, then stayed overnight in London in an airbnb and had Chinese takeout. Then the following day was spent having Afternoon Tea at The Tea Terrace and watching Wicked in the theatre. It was amazing, so much fun!
Fave Item of Clothing: If you couldn’t already tell, I have been obsessed with this jumpsuit and wear it any time the sun makes an appearance! It’s so effortless and comfortable, I just love it.
Fave Blog Post Written: I didn’t post too much throughout April, oops.. But probably this post discussing how makeup makes me feel. I just felt like getting it all off my chest and hopefully it’s made for an interesting and relatable read! I do enjoy writing a good chatty post every now and then.
Looking Forward To
Booking: Hopefully a little night away with my best friend, for the end of July! Here’s hoping money’s not tight this month then..
Planning: Outfit’s, ready for my upcoming holiday at the beginning of June! I really want to get a lot of social media/Instagram content and if I’m going to be in more of the photos, then I’m gonna need to get outfit planning!
Celebrating: Kieran’s sister’s wedding! Ah I cannot believe it is SO soon. Oh, and also my birthday because my birthday comes before the wedding! May is a month for celebrating.. My mum and dad turn 50 as well!
Watching: A Star Is Born. May will be the month I finally watch this bloody film.. I already know that it’s going to be a winner film for me, I love the music already so I just need to get on and watch it now.
Seeing: The happy couple tie the knot – I’m a bridesmaid and I think I’m probably going to cry because I always cry at weddings! Can’t believe the day is so nearly here!!
Buying: Maybe a couple new Summer pieces to go on holiday with.. But we’ll have to see if I actually neeed anything first..
Eating: A yummy afternoon tea on my actual birthday with all of the family! What’s better than afternoon tea?!
Instagram: Still 3.2k, but since injecting some more ‘me’ into my feed, I have been very slowly increasing.. So fingers crossed!
Blog Views: 500+. Still not where it should be, around the 1,000 mark or higher, but to be fair I literally posted like four times, so it’s not too bad considering. But I need to get more consistent with blog posting!
BlogLovin’ Count: 599.. I am actually gutted about this. I’ve managed to lose 43 followers in a month and it’s actually made me so sad! I need to get back on my game.
Blog Posts: 4. Again. Poor effort and I need to try harder. Hopefully now I’ve got myself a little social media calendar going on Excel, this will improve and I will hopefully start posting more again. I’m just stuck on what to write about, so I need to gather some inspiration and get writing!
Twitter: 506. Lost some on here too – I never unfollow people on Twitter, but there you go! Another platform I hadn’t been posting on, so that probably explains it. Need to get my whitty banter out… God help everyone!
Pinterest Views: 4.1k. Wow, my views on Pinterest have gone up dramatically! I try and make sure I’m having a pinning session a couple of times a week and it’s made such a difference.. I need to try and start pinning daily. Even if it’s just for 5 minutes every morning and evening!
What did you love throughout March?xoxo
*Contains Affiliate Links
*Contains PR Gifted Product (with no obligation to post)