Different Ways to Spread Christmas Cheer.
A few ways you can share a little bit of Christmas cheer…
We all know that this year has been tough for everyone, so I thought I’d put this post together to share lots of different ways that you can spread Christmas cheer. Lord knows we all need it!
- Send your family and friend’s a Christmas card with a cute little note instead, prompting a catch up
- Bake some festive treats and package some up for family and friends too!
- Blare Christmas music and sing along
- Decorate your home, including outdoor lights so that passers by feel super festive
- Put together a festive themed quiz to do online, over a video call, with your family or friends
- Donate to charity – a food bank, clothes bank, charity shop, etc. anything you can do!
- Help a family member decorate their home (if you can of course)
- Shop small and shop local for your Christmas presents – make an independent business owner happy this year and show them they’re hard work is worth it
- Compliment a stranger if you like their outfit/makeup/etc. especially if they’re wearing a fab Christmas jumper!
- Acknowledge everyone you see when you head out for a walk. A little ‘hello’ or ‘good morning’ could put a smile on someone’s face
- Show your favourite creators some love by liking, commenting, sharing or watching any content they create
- Bring in a load of treats for your colleagues in the office (or wherever you work)
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a nursing home, etc. If you have the time to do so and can depending on what tier you’re in etc.
- Cook something new for dinner to surprise your partner – light some candles, use your ‘best’ tableware, get dressed up and have a lovely evening
- Put your phone away and give someone your undivided attention. There’s nothing better than someone genuinely listening to what you’re saying – be present in the moment!
- Watch a Christmas movie and feel all of the happy festive vibes, complete with a delicious hot chocolate
- Arrange a virtual dinner with family member’s or friend’s
- Go for a walk to see all of the Christmas lights in your local area – I did this the other day and it was amazing to see how many people have put the effort in this year!
- Buy a stranger their morning coffee (if you’re able to)
- Create and put together a care package to send to someone who needs it – we used to do this in school, where we would fill a shoe box with necessities and goodies to donate to those less fortunate
- Randomly buy someone you love a bunch of gorgeous flowers
- Become someone’s pen pal
- If you have a pet, let someone you know walk them or look after them for a few hours – nothing puts a smile on your face like a pet does!
- Make a batch of food to put in containers and take round to your elderly relatives
- Send someone a Christmas hamper filled with their favourite festive food’s!
These are just a few ways to put a smile on someone’s face this month. Shoutout to my friend Hannah for helping me put together some of these ideas too!
How will you be spreading Christmas cheer this month?