Festive Activities You Can Do Indoors.
Feel festive at home!
It’s been quite the struggle to leave our homes this year hasn’t it? And this month is no different. So I thought that I would put together a post with lots of different festive activities, so that you can feel festive at home!
I really do enjoy life’s simple pleasures, so I’m always thinking of little things to do and ways to make the most out of being at home. I’m a complete homebody, so I actually love being at home anyway. So here are a few ways to make the most of this festive season at home:
- Bake gingerbread or cookies and decorate them
- Watch a Christmas movie with all the snacks, candles and blankets that you can find
- Put together a cheese board to eat whilst watching your current fave TV show – nothing says festive like an indulgent cheese board!
- Write your Christmas cards with Christmas songs playing in the background
- Wrap your presents whilst watching your favourite Christmas movie
- Decorate your home for the festive season
- Make and enjoy festive hot chocolates – (I have a post coming soon with a few ideas!)
- Try making mulled wine or cider. Pop in a travel mug and head out for a Winter evening walk
- Walk around your local area to see all of the Christmas lights (okay so technically this one isn’t indoors, but it’s still something we can all do!)
- Put together, or find online, a Christmas themed quiz to do over Zoom/video call with friends or family. We do an online quiz every week on a Thursday with Jay – he’s doing some over the festive period and I can’t recommend his quizzes enough, they’re so good.
- Complete a Christmas puzzle with your partner or family
- Play a board or card game, but try and find festive editions of them instead!
- DIY your own Christmas cards and/or Christmas presents
- Create a peaceful area in your home with cushions, blankets and fairy lights to cosy up in and read a Christmas book
- Try new festive recipes and cook something different for dinner every week
- Start creating a scrapbook with photos from this month and use crafty bits that are festive!
- Set up your Christmas table early and experiment with it, using inspiration from Pinterest and Instagram
- Grab an empty jar and fill it with fun date ideas to pull out on an evening when you’re stuck for ideas on what to do
- Make festive cocktails and have a fun evening!
- Purchase a Christmas-themed adult colouring book – these are great if you get feelings of anxiousness throughout this month
What activities have you been doing indoors this month to feel festive?