All of the Netflix Shows I Watched in 2020.
All of the Netflix shows I watched and loved in 2020!
Let’s get real, 2020 was definitely the year for the ultimate Netflix binge! We all watched a lot of Netflix in our massive amount of spare time. I know I did anyway! I have lots of shows and films to recommend and I’m absolutely positive that I’ve forgotten a load too. Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t have a list of everything you’ve ever watched on there – that would be so helpful! So here are my favourites, that I can remember, from 2020…
2020 Series Favourites…
Luther – I’m talking edge-of-your-seat drama. I had to watch this through my hands/behind a pillow so many times. I am a bit of a wimp though! It’s so good though and I absolutely love Idris Elba. His character is great.
Queer Eye – I need these fabulous guys in my life on a daily basis, I love them. This show is so bloody heartwarming and everything that I love about life. My friend and I watch it on Netflix Party so we can chat and watch it together. I highly recommend doing that during this lockdown!
Gossip Girl – One of the BEST shows I have ever watched in all my life. As always, I’m super late jumping on the bandwagon but I think I appreciated this show so much more watching it at 25 years old. It’s so exciting, so much happens in every single 40-odd minute episode and it’s yet another show that makes you wish you lived the high life in New York city!
Dash & Lily – Oh this is so cute! I watched the whole first season in one afternoon I think. It’s just feel good and sweet and everything Christmas is about. Maybe save this for later on in the year!
You – I started the first episode and then forgot about it. Then I watched Gossip Girl and became obsessed with Penn Badgley (Dan Humphrey), so gave You another go and I love it. I’ve watched the first season, so I’ll be watching the second season too. I’m waiting until there’s a launch date for season three before I start season two though. I don’t want to watch it and then forget what’s happened in the last series by the time the next one comes out!
Other honourable mentions:
- Big Bang Theory – Currently still watching and loving.
- Brooklyn 99 – Currently still watching too and it’s hilarious.
- The Stranger – everyone was raving about this and either loved it or hated it, I loved it.
- Mindhunter – This is based mainly around two FBI agents, trying to get inside the minds of serial killers. I love everything to do with serial killers, I find it absolutely fascinating and loved this series.
- Gilmore Girls – I’ve only recently started watching this and I didn’t really get it at first, but now I’ve got well into it and I love it. It’s such a feel good watch.
2020 Film Favourites…
Forever My Girl – This film is so cute and is a proper country American film – my favourite! It’s about a successful country singer who returns to his hometown and encounters his high school sweetheart, who he left at the altar… A typical romance film where you can guess the ending etc. But I love those easy watching type of films.
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Probably one of my favourite films that I’ve ever watched! I really love the main female character and the love story in this is just the cutest ever. I need to watch the second film ASAP.
The Perfect Date – I loved this almost as much as I loved To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. A high school student creates an app to offer his services as a fake date, however things get a little complicated when he develops feelings for someone… Another feel good film for sure.
Holidate – This was one of those films that I didn’t want to end! I love Emma Roberts too and her character in this film just cracks me up. I know there were mixed reviews on this one, but I genuinely loved it!
Other honourable mentions:
- Spenser Confidential (Action/Crime) – I enjoy films that Mark Wahlberg is in
- Mr Right (Action/Romance) – A little bit odd but also funny and a good watch
- Law Abiding Citizen (Thriller/Crime) – This was so good!
- 6 Underground (Action/Thriller) – Very gripping and hello, Ryan Reynolds?!
- A Simple Favour (Mystery/Comedy) – I personally did not find this funny, it’s a very weird film but it’s Blake Lively so you carry on watching it
- Enola Holmes (Crime/Adventure) – Pretty much as good as everyone said it was!
- Ready Player One (Sci-fi/Adventure) – I’ve actually watched this twice and enjoyed it both times
- Sherlock Holmes (Mystery) – I have to be honest and say that I wasn’t 100% convinced on this one, I’m not sure I liked Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes. I prefer Benedict Cumberbatch!
- The Social Dilemma (Documentary) – Technically a documentary but it’s classed as a film. Tech experts sound the alarm of the dangers of social networking. A must watch and an eye opener.
- Christmas Land (Romance) – I love Christmas romance films, they are my all time fave. A lady called Jules inherits a Christmas tree farm and her plans to sell it change when she falls in love with the townspeople. It’s very cute!
- A California Christmas (Romance) – A wealthy charmer poses as a ranch hand to try and get a hardworking farmer to sell her family’s land. I loved this film too and it had a really lovely story to it, even though heartbreaking at times. But don’t let that put you off!
- Christmas Wonderland (Romance) – Emily Osmont (from Hannah Montana!) plays the lead role in this one and it made me feel so nostalgic. She has a successful career in New York working in an art gallery, but has a love for art herself and is seriously talented. Heidi (Emily) returns home to babysit her sister’s kids and comes face to face with her high school love. OH YES.
- The Christmas Chronicles 2 (Family/Comedy) – Obviously watch the first film first but this film just epitomises Christmas and everything we love about the most wonderful time of the year.
2020 Documentary Favourites…
Becoming – I now need to read the book too! Michelle Obama is such an amazing and inspiring woman and I think we all love her. It’s basically all about becoming Michelle Obama, with nods to her childhood and how she met Barack to her journey as the First Lady of the United States. It’s so interesting and a must-watch for sure.
Cowspiracy – I’m pretty much vegetarian after watching this to be honest. I’ve never really been a lover of meat anyway, so it made sense to cut it out and find alternatives. Especially because the environmental impact of livestock is HUGE, in fact, it’s one of the top polluters. Definitely an interesting watch that I highly recommend everyone watching, it really opens your eyes.
Other honourable mentions:
- Down to Earth – Zac Efron and wellness expert Darin Olien travel around the world to find healthy, sustainable ways to live.
- The Ted Bundy Tapes – I love conversations with killers, they’re SO interesting. Ted Bundy was an American serial killer, who was convicted in the deaths of more than 30 women. Absolutely crazy!
- Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich – ‘Power’ in the wrong hands is scary and dangerous and this limited series goes to show exactly that.
- The Ripper – Another serial killer documentary with investigators and witnesses recalling the Yorkshire Ripper murders from the late 1970’s.
Wow, I watched a lot of films didn’t I?! There are just so many amazing films and TV series on Netflix, that you could never get bored! I have the longest list of things to watch on there. I’m obsessed with Netflix originals too, they are SO great.
What did you watch and enjoy on Netflix in 2020? I’m always looking for recommendations!